RESERVE YOUR RIDE TO SAFETY IN ADVANCE - DIAL 211 If you live in a hurricane evacuation zone and you will need assistance to get out before the storm, dial 2-1-1 to register in advance for a ride.
- If you have a disability or special health care need and require assistance to get out.
- If you cannot drive and cannot arrange transportation.
- If you do not have a vehicle and you have no one else to help you evacuate.
- If you want to register and you need to check if you live in an evacuation zone.
Types of Special Needs Persons Who Would Benefit from Registering with 2-1-1* Category 0: Persons who have no medical needs, but require transportation assistance for evacuation. Category 1: Persons dependant on others or in need of others for routine care (eating, walking, toileting, etc.) and children under 18 without adult supervision. Category 2: Persons with physical or developmental disabilities such as blindness, significant hearing impairment, amputation, deaf/blind, and mental retardations. Category 3: Persons requiring assistance with medical care administration, monitoring by nurse, dependant on equipment (including dialysis), assistance with medications, and mental health disorders. Category 4: Persons outside an institutional facility care setting who require extensive medical oversight (i.e. IV chemotherapy, ventilator, life support equipment, hospital bed and total care, morbidly obese). Category 5: Persons in institutional settings such as hospitals, long-term care facilities, assisted living facilities, and state schools.Â * 2-1-1 Phone Line is open 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. It will be disconnected 72 Hours before the arrival of Hurricane winds. DIAL 2-1-1 for information on Assistance 24 Hours a Day
- If you have questions about assistance
- If you want to report a problem following the hurricane
- If you need food, water or ice
- If you need information on debris removal
- If you want referral to the best place in your local community to find the services you need
All calls are answered by live operators, not recordings. If 2-1-1 does not work in your area or from your telephone for any reason, the alternate number for assistance is: 1-888-312-4567