Before the storm.
The City of Port Isabel strongly advises property and business owners to take precautions as needed during the annual Hurricane season between June 1st and November 30th.
Emergency Management Newsletter:
June 2014 (Volume 3, Issue 6) http://www.co.cameron.tx.us/emergency/docs/EM_Newsletter_2014-June.pdf?
Reserve your ride in advance:
Call 2-1-1. See more information here about how to reserve a ride if you are unable to evacuate yourself. http://portisabel-texas.com/cityhall/emergency-management/2-1-1-emergency-information/
- Hurricane Stickers: for residents who have not picked them up, will be available at the Port Isabel City Hall Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 305 E. Maxan St. or at the Port Isabel Police Department on 110 W. Hickman Ave. Hurricane sticker form: hurricane-sticker-form.
- Want to be contacted with updates: Updates will be posted here as they are available. If you would like to be kept informed via email, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Location of City of Port Isabel Emergency Operation Center: Port Isabel Police Department, 110 W. Hickman Ave., 956/943-2727.
- SBA Small Business Preparation tips: 20100603SBAPressReleaseAgility
- Important links to preparing for a Hurricane:
Texas Prepares: Build your family disaster kit, make a family plan & more at http://www.texasprepares.org.
National Hurricane Center: provides the latest advisories, discussions and forecasts.
Preparedness Tips: As hurricane season extends through November 30, it is important to make sure property is secured, gas tanks are filled, and food, water, medication and other supplies are on hand.
National Weather Service Forecast (Brownsville): local NWS office, and is responsible for forecasts, warnings and advisories regarding the local impact on the approaching storm, including Port Isabel.
"How To Guides": on protecting your property from flooding and high wind.
- South Padre Island City Info: www.southpadretexas.gov/
- Cameron County 911 Info: www.cameroncounty911.com
During the storm.
After the storm.