Old Garcia Street District, represented by a royal purple, takes its icon from the natural vegetation that was familiar to one of the first recorded landowners, rancher Don Rafael Garcia, for whom the street was named. The street was the original route to get to the South Padre Island on the first Queen Isabella Causeway, which was constructed in 1952. This district consists of a variety of business including a historic hotel, auto repair, diesel shops, lumber yard, beauty shops, and restaurants. See map below for this channel’s boundary.
North: Railroad Ave.
South: Long Island Village
East: One block east of Garcia Street
West: One block west of Garcia Street